Monday, May 14, 2012

I used to think, but now I know

I used to think, but now I know

I used to think that being a mother was easy,
      but now I know it is the hardest job I have ever had.

I used to think that you eventually let them grow up,
      but now I know you never let them out of your site.

I used to think parenting gets easier,
      but now I know it is never easy and you will always be on call.

I used to think I had all the answers,
      but now I know there are more questions than answers.

I used to think I would miss them when they were grown,
      but now I know the adult relationships I have are ever sooo sweet.


I used to think that one day they would grow up,
      but now I know they will remain my kids forever and I will forever be concerned and worried about them.

I used to think that parenting was the hardest job I would ever do,
      but now I know it is the most fulfilling and life enhancing job that I have ever had the pleasure and honor of doing.


Con un pan y cafecito,
Seguimos adelante,

Zulmara Maria

Nunca es tarde para aprender
                It is never too late to learn

No comments:

Post a Comment